Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Star Crazy/ January

I did a post on Saturday about joining The Quilt Show Block of The Month to make "Star Crazy".
I asked if anyone wanted to make this quilt with me. I have been so pleased with the response.

We now have 12 in our group:
1.) Jan K./UT
2.) Jewel/ CA
3.) Jackie K./CT
4.) Rae Ann N./ UT
5.) Kathy C. / OK
6.) Annie/ IL
7.) Kristin/ New England
8.) Merete/ Norway
9.) Sharon/ IL
10.) Karen/ AR
11.) Tracey/ United Kingdom
12.) Nedra/UT
This is going to be fun! We will encourage each other on every month, and have a fun quilt to show (hopefully) a year from now.

Today my friend Jan K. came over and we started on the January block.
To keep track of her fabric selections, Jan gave each color a number.

The instructions say to cut the borders out first. One of the reasons I am so thrilled to be sewing next to Jan is because she is Miss Organized. She had labeled all of the border cuts and and placed them in a zip lock bag.

Star Crazy is designed by Sue Garman. Very clear instructions that offer all the printouts for paper piecing the stars. The instructions say even a beginner can make this quilt. I agree. The paper piecing part is easy, and I really like how accurate the half square triangles turn out.

Jan working away.

The fabrics I will be using.
Both Jan and I have so much fabric in our stash, that we opted to make our quilts out of what we have rather than buy the kit.

Jan is making hers out of batiks.

Today I finished paper piecing the January blocks, and all the half square triangles are now ironed. I will show you the finished blocks once they are completed.
If anyone else wants to join us, feel free to e-mail me/ or leave me a comment and I will include you in our group.