Saturday, January 2, 2010

Star Crazy Block of The Month

It's the first of January and The Quilt Show has posted their new Block of The Month patterns. This year they offer a pieced BOM and an appliqued BOM, both designed by Sue Garman.
If you are a member of The Quilt Show you can download the patterns for free. If you are not a member, run over and sign up! The yearly membership is worth the patterns alone, plus you get to watch all their shows, and the other fun things going on with their web site.

When I worked at the Houston show, I stood right by the 2010 pieced BOM "Star Crazy" (84" X 84") for several days, and fell in love.

Pictures never do a quilt fair justice, but let me tell you, in real life this quilt is stunning.
This is their appliqued BOM "Hugs and Kisses" (71" X 84"). Because of time restraints, I won't be doing this one this year.

Sue Garman designs all the BOM's for the Quilt Show. Such a talented lady, and a very nice person too.

Both quilts are available in kits and can be ordered from The Quilt Show Shoppe. I have watched my friend Patti work very hard. She has been cutting kits for months and months. The fabrics for the pieced BOM are from Alex Anderson's collection "Wisperings" by P&B Textiles.

My friend Jan K. and I are making this quilt together. Anyone else is welcome to join us if you are interested! (Just let me know).
For right now I have downloaded the available information and placed the pages in a binder.

The instructions for the first block became available yesterday.
Ready. Set. Go!