Sunday, February 14, 2010

New Member

Hello everyone, my name is SueR, and I live in Maine with my husband and two grown kids. I've been garment sewing since I was 15, so it was a natural step up to quilting. I've been quilting for about 16 years, mostly traditional quilts. I especially like scrap quilts, so the Star Crazy quilt is right up my alley. I'm also a knitter and do some needlework on a rare occasion.

It is the colors in the original Star Crazy that appealed to me initially, so I've decided to stick with that palette. I set off to the quilt shop one day last week to look at a sewing machine and came home with this lovely collection of batiks--and a sewing machine! I have a good collection of batiks already but knew I'd need to supplement my brights with a few more, and these will work.

I was hoping to get started last week on the January blocks, but that didn't happen, so this week!