Saturday, January 1, 2011

I am still here!

Well, it has been 4 months since I have had an update.  Life sure got hectic during the fall.  I didn't want to lose all of the good momentum of the year and let my quilt drift off into UFO land.  Starting on Thanksgiving weekend I buckled down and got working on the September blocks.  The next hurdle, I couldn't find the camera to take photos of the completed blocks.  Oh well, I just kept moving on.  So, as 2010 drew to a close yesterday, this is what my Star Crazy quilt has become (so far). 
I have all of the small star blocks done and the half square triangles for the borders too!  Whew, just made it (sort of).  Now I have to decide what color to make the small inner border.  I don't think I want to use green like in the pattern.  I think I am leaning towards a blue.  I will have to wait until my local quilt shop is open (closed for the holiday today and then inventory).  That will give me time to sew all of those half square triangles together for the borders.

Nedra - thank you so much for managing this blog.  I really don't think I would be this far if it wasn't for the wonderful inspiration the whole group has inspired. 

Happy 2011!
Kristin