Friday, May 7, 2010

Sue's March Blocks

I'm behind with my blocks, but I'm not worried about catching up. I got two big quilts done over the last couple months that had deadlines, so now I have plenty of time to work on these blocks.

I just finished the March blocks this evening, plus the requisite half square triangle units. There sure are a lot of those, aren't there? I use them as leaders and enders while I'm sewing the blocks, and that makes them go much faster.

I have lots of cutting to do over the weekend for some new quilts, but I hope to get some more Star Crazy blocks done on Monday. Ann had a great idea to cut up extra background squares and rectangles for upcoming blocks. I've done this too, and it's a real timesaver; so I'll cut up some more of those too.

One more thing. I sliced my finger open with the rotary cutter about a week and a half ago, and it's still bandaged. Probably not bad enough for stitches, but bad enough just the same. Please be careful with your rotary cutters!