Sunday, May 16, 2010

May BOM




I got done with my May BOM for the Star Crazy yesterday. After I was finished with it I took photos and then this morning I was resizing the photos for the blog when I noticed my mistake on the Irish Chain block. I have the lower left corner reversed so will need to pick that out and restitch that section. Isn’t it weird how you can sew – press, step back and place it on the wall,take a photo and never notice a thing wrong until you are resizing a photo and look at it again!

214 Half Square triangles - I think they are 2 1/2 inches if I remember right. I'm not sure how many of these are needed but we have been making between 24 and 48 of them every month. They are stacked in the box in the color groupings that I used.

This months 3 larger blocks - including the Irish Chain mistake. Some of these I wasn't sure if I would like using lighter colors in the stars but decided a few here and there will be fine. If I find I really don't like the light colors when it comes time to do placement and sewing together I can change them then. But because this is a scrap quilt it might turn out to look just fine.