Monday, May 17, 2010

Nedra's May Blocks

We are now up to 30 of us from all over the world making Star Crazy together, with new people joining us all the time.
How are you doing? I can see that some of us have had a chance to work on our May blocks.
I have had a lot of inquiries asking if it's too late to join Star Crazy Log. My answer is:
"Anyone can join us anytime! The only requirement is that you are a member of The Quilt Show with Alex Anderson and Ricky Tims. This is necessary so you can download the patterns each month.
To learn more about joining The Quilt Show go to:
http://www.thequiltshow.com/os/join.php
If you have any questions about joining Star Crazy Log, please e-mail me at nedras@mstar.net

I just finished the May blocks.

For some reason, as I got ready to sew the 8" Feathered Star block, I could only find 7 of the yellow and white half square triangles.
I had just made 8, ironed them into a stack, and then poof! One of the pieces was gone.
Oh bother!
Have you ever had that happen?
I'm still not sure how the piece could have disappeared because the blocks are paper pieced into a set of 8.
Like a crazy woman I hunted throughout my sewing room high and low.
Did the piece end up on the bottom of my shoe? Did I sit on it, and was it clinging behind?
Someday I am sure I will locate it in some unusual space, and the mystery will be solved.
Meanwhile, I made a new half square triangle and completed the Feathered Star block.
Five months worth of blocks now sit happily together on my design wall.
Nedra