Monday, October 25, 2010

October BOM Blocks


Finally here it is the end of October and I have the BOM finished for this month. I hadCrying facesuch trouble with the Irish Chain blocks this month. I finally gave up with the sewing machine today and sat and relaxed and did the last two blocks by hand!! they turned out perfect. What a difference a method makes!!

I know to a lot of you hand piecing is not relaxing but to me and others it is. I can be so much more accurate when hand piecing than with a machine for some reason. I think with the machine I do not control it enough – go too fast, too slow, I am distracted and don’t pay close enough attention to the quarter inch foot? I don’t know but I do know that I am not a precision piecer with the machine and I have never felt totally comfortable with a sewing machine whereas I have always been comfortable with hand work. It just goes slow!

The blocks this month: