Sunday, July 4, 2010

June and July blocks

I have used some of this extended holiday weekend in the US, to get caught up on my Star Crazy quilt.  Each day this weekend we have seen the tempature climb up and up, that seemed like another good reason to whole up in my quilting room.  Living in Vermont, heat is not something that we deal with too often or that well for that matter.  I am very thankful to have an A/C unit in my sewing room, without it there would not be much getting done right now.  Anyway, here are my blocks for June.
And here are my July blocks.
Then I pulled out all of my blocks done so far.  I wanted to see how the colors were balancing out, especially since I am just using stash fabrics.
And finally, I just realized that we now have the 13 center stars done!  I wanted to get an idea of what my center will look like.  Of course there are a lot more Irish Chain blocks to complete to fill in the empty spaces, but I really love how this looks so far.
Have a wonderful month fellow quilters and Happy 4th of July to all in the USA.

Kristin